Links
101 Cookbooks
Orangette
The Food Network
Epicurious
King Arthur recipes
Seattlest
The Wednesday Chef
Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday Night Dinners
Girls, thank you! Overnight we have become food bloggers! This is thrilling. I vow to turn over a new spatula and post regularly about all my gastronomic experiences.

I wish I had come home from work this evening to make a dramatic meal on which I could expound herein. I merely had pasta with pesto. It was pesto I made myself earlier in the summer after an episode of farmer's market euphoria resulting in the unwitting purchase of two pounds of basil. I also used my grandpa's olive oil and walnuts cracked and dried by my grandma! Nevertheless, I was tired of said meal even before I started eating. After a little bowl of pasta I concluded that the only solution was the following:


And so, to the grocery store I went, where boxes of the above were two for one! My tongue is now thoroughly orange.

posted by Robin at 9:59 PM;



4 Comments:
Blogger katie said...

I LOVE those whole fruit bars. I've become particularly enamored of the orange creamsicle ones.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Wait a minute . . . how can creamsicles be whole fruit, unless cows, contrary to popular belief, grow from seeds?

We have a box of lime and a box of peach in the freezer as I speak, mmmmm . . . and Robin, you are reminding me that I have NOT gone on a pesto-making binge this summer, and the time is nye.

12:33 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I really hadn't given it any thought, but I guess those would be only partial-fruit bars, being that the middle is decidedly dairy. But still delicious.

1:36 AM  
Blogger shan said...

Oh, you're making me envious. I have a box of decidedly inferior QFC-brand grape fruit bars in my freezer. =)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Recent
Behold!

Archives
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
July 2009

Powered by Blogger