Links
101 Cookbooks
Orangette
The Food Network
Epicurious
King Arthur recipes
Seattlest
The Wednesday Chef
Monday, August 07, 2006

whole foods bastards
I think Whole Foods skimps on the cheese samples when I go on Saturday morning. They don't care about the idle shopper who treats them like a playground--going in for bulk herbs and staying for an hour to sample the Asian pears and Kashi scattered through the Le Creuset displays and the $80 wine. They reserve the big guns for the Monday-after-work crowd: hungry, on a mission, weak. I went in for a piece of beef and came out with this:


It's called Cotswold and it's amazing. I speared cube after cube until a small crowd gathered, jostling to find out what could keep a person at one sample table for so long. I grabbed the biggest wedge and resumed my original errand. In the car, I wanted to open the plastic wrapping and start nibbling but I concentrated on the radio. Twenty minutes later I was home, where this happened:


They aren't really bastards, but I am their fantasy customer.

posted by Robin at 7:16 PM;



2 Comments:
Blogger lauren said...

I keep almost buying that one. Now I will have to. Damn you.

3:54 PM  
Blogger shan said...

Last night I dreamed that I found this cheese at our postage-stamp-sized Wedgwood QFC. Sadly, I don't believe this dream to be at all based in reality, although our little QFC has the occasional fancy-cheese surprise up its sleeve...

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Recent
vine ripened
Bye bye, Broadway
Potlucky
Pretty in pink
Pesto dreams
Girl meets steak
Etiquette question
Some things never change
How to die fat, happy and sugar-high
Spring has sprung!

Archives
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
July 2009

Powered by Blogger