Links
101 Cookbooks
Orangette
The Food Network
Epicurious
King Arthur recipes
Seattlest
The Wednesday Chef
Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Behold the power of cheese
Trader Joe's is going to be the death of me. Specifically, I will die in the aisle where one finds cheese samples. This is where I discovered something that, despite all my wanderings through the world of dairy, I never even knew existed: yogurt cheese. I sneakily consumed far more than my fair share of samples and then did the only morally responsible thing and bought some.

This particular cheese is similar in consistency to Havarti, although a bit firmer and not buttery. It's got some of the bite of plain yogurt, only it's good; the yogurt adds a tangy fullness that sort of evolves in your mouth as you eat it.

All in all, it's much tastier than the popsicle stick I'm gnawing on now that I have sucked down my evening fudgsicle, and you should all try it on your next foray to our favorite alternative grocery store.

posted by Katie at 11:43 PM;



2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Fascinating articles and well written.

12:47 AM  
Blogger shan said...

Wow, that sounds great! I'm going to TJ's this weekend to pick up Greek (or Greek-style) yogurt for a pasta thing I want to make. Maybe they will have the fab cheese!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Recent
Ode to the onion
Behold!

Archives
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
July 2009

Powered by Blogger